The time I changed career choice

The time I changed career.

The time I changed career.

A hypertext narrative by

Éloïse Corney

Created with

The Virtual Writing Tutor Grammar Checker

Next

Word count: 1573

Choice count: 30

Section count: 15

Image count: 15

Error count: 2

Field Related Analysis

Education : 92 matches

(adult, choice, college, continuing, course, degree, diploma, don, field, field of study, first, grades, head, high school, learn, management, master's degree, school, social, teachers, test, trainee, university)

Paramedics : 51 matches

(ambulance, care, diploma, emergency, emergency care, health, heart, hospital, paramedic, sign, sleep, trainee, volunteer)

Sociology : 26 matches

(bias, care, experiment, open, school, sign)

Target Structure: (20 matches)

bias (1 match)

come in handy (1 match)

in-depth (1 match)

intern (1 match)

internships (1 match)

learn the ropes (1 match)

maddening (1 match)

ojt (2 matches)

overwhelmed (1 match)

premium wage (1 match)

pull off (1 match)

purpose (2 matches)

test drive (1 match)

though (2 matches)

time management (1 match)

trainee (1 match)

wage (3 matches)

volunteer (8 matches)

volunteering (1 match)

abroad (10 matches)

Next

The time I changed career.

End of high school.

I finally finished high school, but now was the time to make some choices for my future. I didn't know what I would do next with my life. I was so bias, it killed me a little bit inside. I cried a lot, because everyone around me knew what they would do, and I was still so confused. Although I didn't know what to do and the timeline was coming fast, I had so many criteria to respect. I didn't want to be a trainee for a long time, and I wanted that my OJT have a big wage. Those particularities made it even more difficult to chose what I wanted. I, either wanted to go to Ahuntsic College and do the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care program, or I wanted to go abroad a little bit.

Choice 1 : Study in Pre-Hospital Emergency Care program at Ahuntsic College.

Choice 2 : Volunteer abroad.

indecisive

Study in Pre-Hospital Emergency Care program at Ahuntsic College.

I decided to follow my heart and do the program I had always dreamed of doing. It was hard, but I continued. I knew that stopping would make me anxious, because I didn't know what I would do after. My life was now a roller coaster of emotions. One day, I could be the happiest girl on earth, and a minute later I could cry for hours. I knew that with a little bit of time management I could pull off excellent grades and happiness would come back. Though, I had put thoughts into my life, and I didn't know if it were possible for me to continue like this.

Choice 1 : Continue Pre-Hospital Emergency Care.

Choice 2 : Change the course of my life.

paramedic

Continue Pre-Hospital Emergency Care.

I knew it would be difficult, but it made me so happy to be surrounded by the things I liked the most. I made a lot of friends, and I didn't want to lose them. My OJT was coming soon. I was stressed out, but so excited at the same time. I wouldn't get a wage, but it didn't matter anymore. I got to drive an ambulance with the sirens and everything for the first time, and it was much cooler than the teachers had told us. After the three years, I could either go to university, and get a master's degree, or finally get a job.

Choice 1 : Apply for university.

Choice 2 : Get a job.

ambulance

Change the course of my life.

I couldn't take it anymore. Even with all the management I had accomplished, I couldn't continue like this. My mental health was not going well, and me neither. I was so over it, that I didn't like it anymore. There was nothing that could make me change my mind. I really thought that being a paramedic was my calling, but not anymore. The disadvantages outweighed the advantages of continuing in this direction. At least, I got to test drive the job a little bit before I got to take my decision. I hesitate a lot between star something new, or just drop out of school.

Choice 1 : Start a new program.

Choice 2 : Drop out.

changing paths

Apply for university.

I really wanted to get my master's degree at the Montreal University. I knew that I didn't want to just be a paramedic for the rest of my life. I wanted to get my master to be able to do and see things that are out of the ordinary. This diploma would really come in handy when I would need it.

Choice 1 : End of high school.

Choice 2 : Study in Pre-Hospital Emergency Care program at Ahuntsic College.

university

Get a job.

After these three years, I didn't want to step foot in another school ever again. I was finally done with school, and I could feel like a real adult for the first time in my life. When I got my final diploma in my hands, I never felt this happy ever. I was so proud of myself, I couldn't believe it. I knew I had more work waiting for me, but I was more than ready for it. I couldn't wait to be able to learn the ropes and being an intern. I knew that I would be a little overwhelmed in the beginning, but it would pass.

Choice 1 : End of high school.

Choice 2 : Study in Pre-Hospital Emergency Care program at Ahuntsic College.

paramedic

Start a new program.

I knew I couldn't just do nothing with my life. I knew I had to get a diploma in whatever program it would be. I just needed to accomplish something in College to go to the next step in my life. I decided that I would just do the basic program that everyone does when they don't know what they want to do. So, I enrolled in Social Sciences. I just hoped that the program could open more doors for me to eventually make a choice.

Choice 1 : End of high school.

Choice 2 : Study in Pre-Hospital Emergency Care program at Ahuntsic College.

social sciences

Drop out.

I was so tired of school. I couldn't keep up anymore. I couldn't find something that was interesting enough for me to sign up. The purpose of my life was gone and nothing was about to replace it because nothing was popping off in my mind. The situation was maddening. My family and friends were trying so hard to help me, but I didn't want it. I just didn't have a good feeling with anything.

Choice 1 : End of high school.

Choice 2 : Study in Pre-Hospital Emergency Care program at Ahuntsic College.

dead end

Volunteer abroad.

I had zero idea of what I would do after high school, so I decided that I would go abroad, and visit new places. I always dreamed about volunteering abroad with my best friend. I thought it would bring me a lot of advantages and disadvantages that would be good experiment in my life. I knew that I wouldn't have a premium wage, and I wouldn't go in-depth, but I wanted to do it anyway. I also knew that it would look amazing in my CV later on in my life. I just didn't know if I stayed in America or change continent.

Choice 1 : Stay in America.

Choice 2 : Change continent.

abroad

Stay in America.

I knew a lot of places here in America that interested me a lot, but just didn't know which country to choose. I wanted to stay in America because I felt like even if I wasn't near my home, it felt closer than going across the world. I hesitated a lot between Haïti, and Costa Rica.

Choice 1 : Go to Haïti.

Choice 2 : Go to Costa Rica.

america

Change continent.

One of my biggest dreams is to go somewhere in Europe. There I would study abroad and not volunteer. Although I could find a way to volunteer, I just don't know what I would do. I saw so much content on plenty of the famous cities in Europe. I could find internships in all sorts of field of study. It could then help me later on with making a choice for my career.

Choice 1 : Stay unlimited of time.

Choice 2 : Go back home at the end of summer.

europe

Go to Haïti.

I never went to Haïti, and saw that it was an amazing country. I also know that it is a poor country, so I wanted to help with anything I could. Haïti is also a country I never visited before. It would make an amazing experience in my life, and it could stay printed in my head forever.

Choice 1 : End of high school.

Choice 2 : Volunteer abroad.

haiti

Go to Costa Rica.

I visited Costa Rica almost five years ago, and it was the most amazing trip I've ever been on. The country is so pretty. I got to do a bunch of things in nature, and I never saw prettier views than the one I saw when I was there. I got to sleep in a villa in the center of the jungle, and in the morning we could here the birds sing and the monkeys fighting. Once I get there, I would try and find the place I was staying at, and would explore the country.

Choice 1 : End of high school.

Choice 2 : Volunteer abroad.

costa rica

Stay unlimited of time.

After a while, I started having a lot of fun and, never wanted to go back to my life in Canada. I made a lot of friends here, and a lot of memories. I was missing my family, but I could always go back when I wanted. I just didn't feel like moving back there. I had finally found what was my purpose in this life, and I loved it.

Choice 1 : End of high school.

Choice 2 : Volunteer abroad.

staying abroad

Go back home at the end of summer.

After three months abroad, I felt like it was enough for me. I really needed to go back to my family and my home. Even though those three months were the best I ever had, it was my time. I would do it again anytime.

Choice 1 : End of high school.

Choice 2 : Volunteer abroad.

going back home

Commentaires